Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 490
Likes: 2
Addict
Addict
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 490
Likes: 2
In Threads v6 this was semi-random and there was no way to truly list them in the desired order. Has this changed?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 346
R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 346
Moderators are displayed in numeric order.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
Mine are all names - not numbers tongue

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
numeriacal-by-userid


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 490
Likes: 2
Addict
Addict
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 490
Likes: 2
You mean in the new version, right? Because in the old one it was all about what order you put them in, and to make things more complicated you had to find the right order (you had to skip around actually) which was sort of random. Trial and error basically...

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 490
Likes: 2
Addict
Addict
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 490
Likes: 2
So in v7 there is a way to put them in the desired order?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 346
R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 346
Currently there is no way to change the order.

BTW, what is the "desired order"?? I find it odd that the order of moderators in the listing makes some sort of difference...

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
The current sort order is by userid


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
it's now alphabetic -- that got added into 7.3

i also added Style sorting as well.. seemed to be more logical versus using ID or sql record order default.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Phun), 259 guests, and 127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)