Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#165877 10/12/2006 12:52 PM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1

What happened to Custom Titles? The values were carried over from Classic, but, now people can't change them or assign new ones, only Admins can? I can't even change my own in my Profile... confused


GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
jgeoff #165882 10/12/2006 1:09 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
We currently don't have custom titles in .threads, only admin assigned ones. One of those things on "the list".

Rick #165886 10/12/2006 1:12 PM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
As long as it's on "The List"... thanks! smile


GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
jgeoff #166179 10/15/2006 2:17 PM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Okay, there seems to be a bigger issue here. Members were imported with generic "Member/Moderator/Administrator" titles, and not the default titles assigned to them in Classic & Threads.

When I clear a member's Title, it remains blank, and does not get assigned the default titles I set up that should be assigned by post count.

I do see the CP option "Check this box if you want to update existing users with these new titles. (WARNING! Any custom titles will be overwritten by doing this.)" but assumed that titles would be brought over in the import...?

Bug?


GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
jgeoff #166180 10/15/2006 2:44 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 684
H
Addict
Addict
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 684
You would need to update the existing users to the default titles, if that is what you want. I just imported my production threads board this morning and all custom titles made the transfer ok.

Harold #166183 10/15/2006 2:50 PM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
The custom titles came through, but the default titles I assigned in both Classic and Threads didn't... :/


GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
jgeoff #166184 10/15/2006 2:53 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 684
H
Addict
Addict
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 684
Oh. My defaults that I had setup came through ok too.

Harold #166202 10/15/2006 7:11 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Originally Posted by Harold
Oh. My defaults that I had setup came through ok too.

Ditto here, from UBB.C


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)