Print Thread
Hop To
Split Topic
#4011 10/02/2006 9:43 PM
Gizmo Offline OP
UBB.threads Developer
OP Offline
UBB.threads Developer
One thing I love about PHPBB is the ability to split and merge topics and their replies (or selected replies)...

This is especially handy when a topic goes off in another direction and you want to split it into a second topic...

Its also handy when you want to boneyard some offtopic converstion for administration and want to keep the parent topic going normally...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Re: Split Topic
Gizmo #165964 10/12/2006 9:47 PM
journeyman
journeyman
I remember in the “older days” (classic version times) I use to be able to move ONE post ONLY into another topic. UBB threads V7 will move a particular POST but it will include all replays.

As Gizmo mentioned ability to split or move a topic would be particularly handy when POST does not belong into a posted forum.

And one more thing, with current option of moving a post and all replays it would be really handy to be able to rename a TOPIC SUBJECT automatically. Or is there a such option, maybe I have missed it.

Re: Split Topic
Markus_003 #165965 10/12/2006 9:53 PM
Gizmo Offline OP
UBB.threads Developer
OP Offline
UBB.threads Developer
Well UBB7 you can move post or one post and its child responses; I'd like it one step further as being able to select a set of posts in a flat thread and bring them to their own thread, and possibly merge it with another thread..

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Update General Settings doesn't work
by Baldeagle - 03/22/2020 10:58 PM
Photo Gallery, how about a Video Gallery?
by M4TT - 03/17/2020 11:32 PM
Stuck on an upgrade to 7.7.4
by Baldeagle - 03/16/2020 3:50 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 77 guests, and 38 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures