Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Y
Y Offline
Previously there was a bug that made calendar entries disappear if the corresponding topic was edited - something which frequently happens on our forums.

However, I am now 100% sure it is not only topic edits that cause entries to disappear. I think adding postings to the same thread does the same.

This morning, I noticed that an entry on the 17th of October had disappeared after what I thought to be an edit. I re-edited the posting, re-selected the calendar box and re-selected the date. The entry appeared on the calendar again (after a 5 minute cache delay). This happened at 3:40 AM.

However, this morning said entry had once more disappeared from the calendar, after several replies to said topic had been posted. However, the topic itself still read: [Edited by Yomar at 3:40 AM], i.e. the same edit that originally caused the calendar entry to re-appear.

I also know that calendar entries from inactive topics (one-time postings no one replies to, which we also use) do not disappear.

Rick, I believe something very funny is going on with calendar entries, and that the problems are not only caused by edits, but by topic activity in general, whatever that activity is.

I have mentioned this before, but at that time you thought only the edits were responsible. Since that explained all problems I had encountered until then but one case, I imagined the one remaining case was due to some kind of glitch.

However, this is the second time this happens while no one has edited said thread. So I'm 100% sure now there is more to this.

Last edited by Rick; 10/15/2006 11:22 AM.
Y
Y Offline
And now it happened a third time in the same thread, just after I edited my last posting in that thread... i.e. not the first posting in the topic, in which the date is set.

Y
Y Offline
I've found it!

Reproducable bug

If a thread is added to the calendar and anyone who posted in said thread edits one of his/her postings in said thread, the entry will disappear from the calendar.

Y
Y Offline
Rick, I could really use a fix for this one, even though the official version of 7.0.1 is not released yet. Any way I can temporarily fix this by editing a few files?

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Thanks for tracking this down. It comes down to a closing bracket being in the wrong place, so some code gets executed on any edit to any topic replies. The fix.

Line 476 of scripts/modifypost.inc.php has this:

Code
        } // end if

$query = "
                delete from {$config['TABLE_PREFIX']}CALENDAR_EVENTS

You need to take the "} // end if" line and move that down to around line 494. Right before:

Code
        // Update the files

Y
Y Offline
Thanks Rick, that worked!

The OT still has to re-select the date whenever he edits the first posting in said thread though. Is that a lot harder to fix temporarily myself?

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Yeah, that one requires a few fixes in a couple files that are a bit complex, so unable to post that one.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 458 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29