|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 490 Likes: 2
Addict
|
|
Addict
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 490 Likes: 2 |
This is still related to v6.5.x but I need to back up the tables before I try the upgrade.
What can I do if the backup process hangs (times out) when backing up a table? Are there any parameters I can change in the code?
The problem is that the table in question (posts) is quite large: over 500 megs.
Obviously I can erase a ton of topics to make it smaller, but what else can I do in terms of running a successful backup via the CP?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
|
|
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143 |
With the plethora of available (and usually free) programs that can be used to back up your database why stick with the one built in .threads if it isn't working for you? Threads is a message board. It includes a backup tool as a convenience. If that doesn't function or proves to be less than convenient why not choose a better tool for the job? phpMyAdmin and phpMyBackup come to mind immediately as better tools for the job of backing up a database the size of yours.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533 Likes: 150 |
Myself I enjoy backing up through the commandline: mysqldump -uuser -ppassword db_name > db_name.sql
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
|
|
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143 |
gizzy, why don't you use --opt?
Saves you a loooooot of hassle if you ever need to reimport.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533 Likes: 150 |
I'm not entirely sure why I don't  ... For those that dont' know what --opt is: --opt Same as --add-drop-table --add-locks --all --extended-insert --quick --lock-tables
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
427
guests, and
119
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
|
|