Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Once Rick helped out and we understood the different ways 6.5.5 lets mods change things, we were off and running.

But, over time, several items seem to no longer be there that worked last week:

1) When we go into "Edit Post", we no longer have the box to "uncheck" which said "Show post as edited".

2) In the Admin console, we can no-longer - "become the user" which we used to check proper installation of Avatars

3) In the Admin console, the checkbox for banning seems to not work, we have been trying to "unban a user" box is unchecked... but when we click "become user" it says we can't, because the user is banned.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as we have several users that got banned (not sure how) when we did the upgrade. Thanks in advance.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
#1 As an admin or moderator, if you are editing someone else's post there is no way to not show the post as edited. It's been requested to make this optional and it's on my list of things to do, however it's not a feature of 7.0 at this time either.

#2 What happens when you try to become this user?

#3 If I'm understanding correctly, you want the box to be checked. In 6.5.5 the box you're looking for is "Member has access rights". If this is unchecked, then that means they are banned.

J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Originally Posted by Rick
#1 As an admin or moderator, if you are editing someone else's post there is no way to not show the post as edited. It's been requested to make this optional and it's on my list of things to do, however it's not a feature of 7.0 at this time either.

#2 What happens when you try to become this user?

#3 If I'm understanding correctly, you want the box to be checked. In 6.5.5 the box you're looking for is "Member has access rights". If this is unchecked, then that means they are banned.

#1 - Cool, it will be nice to be able to correct spelling errors W/O making it look like mods did anything to the content smile

#2 - When you hit the "become this user" button it depreeses and throws you into the main index but you are still yourself, you do not become that user.

3# seems to be OK, we must have made an error.

Thanks again.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by JayH
#2 - When you hit the "become this user" button it depreeses and throws you into the main index but you are still yourself, you do not become that user.

Humm this works on my forums, I actually had some fun poking around ex owners inbox lol

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 740 guests, and 145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29