Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#166522 10/19/2006 3:57 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 44
T
newbie
newbie
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 44
Can someone please help me with the member moderation queue?

I have member moderation set up on a board I run, and for some reason some of the moderators on the board are getting new user notification emails. I was of the understanding that only the 'board email address' (set up in the Primary Settings | General tab) should receive these notifications.

1) Is my understanding of this wrong?

2) If so, is there a way around having moderators get these notifications?

3) If not, what is happening here to cause this?

Thanks,
Tracy Friesen

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
It actually sends out to all of the "Administrators", not the Board Email address. That is used to send out emails, but all of the admins get a notice when a new user registers and needs approval since all admins have the power to approve new users.

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 44
T
newbie
newbie
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 44
Ah. Duh. OK then, that explains a great mystery. Well, it was a great mystery to me, which may say something about my general level of intelligence ;-) but I appreciate the help so much. As does one of my annoyed 'administrators' who doesn't need to be an administrator!

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I'm just hoping for Global Moderators soon... I have a lot of admin's that could be cut down to 3 admins and 5 Global Moderators :/


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)