Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
T Offline
A couple of questions:

1) In UBBClassic, users could see all forums on the main forum index, even if they didn't have permission to view/access them. We really miss that feature in UBBThreads 6. Is that available in version 7?

2) Have the stylesheets in version 7 all changed as radically as this UBB.Threads community forum has? To be honest, I don't like the new look and I'm pretty sure that my bosses won't either. I don't want to upgrade if it's going to radically change the basic look and feel of the forums.

3) How long does an upgrade typically take?

Thanks so much,
Tracy Friesen

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R Offline
I've given my responses in bold below.

Originally Posted by Tracy Friesen
A couple of questions:

1) In UBBClassic, users could see all forums on the main forum index, even if they didn't have permission to view/access them. We really miss that feature in UBBThreads 6. Is that available in version 7? You cannot see forums that you do not have permission to see

2) Have the stylesheets in version 7 all changed as radically as this UBB.Threads community forum has? To be honest, I don't like the new look and I'm pretty sure that my bosses won't either. I don't want to upgrade if it's going to radically change the basic look and feel of the forums. The Side boxes can be turned off via the Control Panel. You can stick with a strictly message board with the header and footer.

3) How long does an upgrade typically take? That depends on the number of members and posts that your forums have

Thanks so much,
Tracy Friesen

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I liked #1, a lot... Gave some users something to look forward to (for VIP forums, Paid Forums, etc).

Style has changed a lot, but thanks to the private beta group's sugguestions there is an easy to use editor in 7.

Upgrade varies, on my forum at no load it took 6 hours; when it was b0ged and laggy it took 2 days (though this was an extreme case for us, server issues). It all honestly varies.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 522 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29