Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#167102 10/25/2006 7:03 PM
T
T Offline
OK, so I just installed version 7 and imported my data.

But I am NOT a happy camper.

My previously-defined style is no longer in use, and is not even listed on the control panel styles list.

My boss is going to be incredibly unhappy about this.

Is there a fast and easy way to import the style I was using in the 6.5.x version into 7.0?

Please help, because someone is about to get really annoyed with me because of this.

Tracy

Old Hand
Old Hand
Styles have to be created new, but its easy to do it with a little skill. I do it this way:

Open the old css style from 6.5.x in a editor or styleeditor like Topstyle. Topstyle helps you to get an overview because it sort the classes.

Then go to Threads7, copy the default style and give it a new name. If you use graphics in the old stlye upload it to threads7/styles/images/yourname. Use full URL in the Threads7 style editor to this graphics.

Then check out the main settings in your old style. Begin with body and tdheader. lighttable and darktable will become alt-1 and alt-2 ... 75% done. Use the same settings to the left and right boxes. 85% done.

Go through all settings and set it up, takes 30minutes up to several hours according your skill.

Use Firefox in the Threads7 Style Editor so you can use the on-the-fly preview.

my board: http://www.dragonclan-forum.de
my hobby: http://www.biker-reise.de
Ich kann bei Fragen zu UBBthreads in Deutsch weiterhelfen oder es zumindest versuchen
Zarzal #167105 10/25/2006 7:49 PM
T
T Offline
Wow, I wish someone had warned about this in the upgrade info. This was an unexpected stress.

Thanks for the help. I don't have it looking quite as nice as I'd like, but it'll do for overnight till I can tweak it more. I appreciate the advice -- thanks again!

Tracy Friesen #167114 10/25/2006 11:17 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I will agree that there needs to be a warning in either the importer or install documentation on the fact that styles cannot be imported due to the vast array of changes in the new product.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 476 guests, and 111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29