Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 14
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 14
Couple questions. When upgrading from UBBT 6.5 are the old post/topic numbers preserved during the import.

Also, is there a redirect script available for some key scripts like showflat/postlist that can redirect to the proper locations in the new board so that historical indexed pages aren't broken?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I don't believe the post or thread id's are preserved (it isn't an upgrade, it's a completely new product, using an existing name), however there are redirect scripts included in the importer.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 14
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 14
Looks like an IMPORT_MAP table is made during the process with the old post->new post mapping... and that is how the redirect script works.

That will do!

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Originally Posted by chillin
Looks like an IMPORT_MAP table is made during the process with the old post->new post mapping... and that is how the redirect script works.


Yup


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Phun), 259 guests, and 127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)