Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#167515 11/02/2006 12:01 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 152
Y
member
member
Y Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 152
Could someone show me how I should add a pop-up menu to the header bar on top of the forums? I.e. a menu like My Stuff, containing some links to other websites?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956


my board: http://www.dragonclan-forum.de
my hobby: http://www.biker-reise.de
Ich kann bei Fragen zu UBBthreads in Deutsch weiterhelfen oder es zumindest versuchen
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 152
Y
member
member
Y Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 152
Rick maybe?

Yomar #167611 11/03/2006 11:53 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
I haven't had a chance to do any documentation on it, but if you're looking for an example you can check out the header.tpl file. This has 2 popup menus in it. When I get a chance I'll put together some documenation on how to create one.

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 152
Y
member
member
Y Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 152
I actually checked that file, but because everything in it is dynamic, it's more or less abracadabra to me.

All I need is an example of a code. For example an extra pop-up menu left to My Stuff, called Links, with two options in it:
A link to www.google.com called Google
A link to www.ubbcentral.com called UBBCentral

With a statement saying where to insert it laugh

That would be enough to extrapolate the rest wink

Last edited by Yomar; 11/04/2006 6:24 AM.
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
Yes, this would be fine. But I have a suggestion too:

Rick, create an option in the control panel for a user drop down menu. This can be filled from the control panel with links. You can call it 'extra menu'. This would made it easy and we dont need to hack the template.

I would use it for chat, gallery etc.pp


my board: http://www.dragonclan-forum.de
my hobby: http://www.biker-reise.de
Ich kann bei Fragen zu UBBthreads in Deutsch weiterhelfen oder es zumindest versuchen
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 684
H
Addict
Addict
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 684
I'd like to add tabs/links to the "My Stuff" drop down.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 427 guests, and 119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)