Print Thread
Hop To
#167616 11/03/2006 12:05 PM
M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
Here's a good one for you.

How about setting up a way for members of a private forum to nominate uses to be added to the private forum and then vote on the member. If the member gets X votes they're in. Also, if the member causes trouble they can be nominated to be voted out. The admin would have control over the number of votes it would take to vote some in our out and the duration of the voting.

Or better yet.... instead of a certain number of votes it's a percentage of the votes.

Last edited by Motley; 11/03/2006 12:07 PM.
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Again, I don't really like the "voting" sugguestions on the grounds that anyone can make multiple accounts to vote; as well as get their friends to vote a certain way...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
maybe true on a small forum - but could be fun on a larger forum - I know that in the past our members would have liked such a forum.

M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
It would be the responsibility of the members of the private forum to make sure that didn't happen. Plus, by letting me decide how many votes would be required to allow someone in, I think this would keep the tampering down.

But best of all.... I wouldn't have to manually add new members to the private forums!!!! smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,144 guests, and 193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29