Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#167617 11/03/2006 1:10 PM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
Hi
After importing my 6.7 classic - I noticed a couple of names with _dup1 after them.

ok - it looks like a duplicate name issue.

I did a search and found I have 12 of them.

Any ideas what I can do about this?

I'm not even sure if this *is* an importer issue - perhaps my old classic file was bad? (Although, I have never noticed this before.)

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
d.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Its' simply reading duplicate users, theres a merge tool in .threads in the member management section (Should they actually be the same people mind you)...

Basically, it checks to see if theres duplicate users, may they have the same display name or login name; and if so it renames them.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
Thanks, I figured that was what it was...

However, I just KNOW that when the board goes live - I'm going to have users contact me and say

- HEY I am JoeSmith not JoeSmith_dup1 and why does JoeSmith_dup1 have all my 546 posts and I have none???

- As my board still isn't live, is there a way around this?

BTW - I believe I have looked through every link in member management area and I can't find the merge facility.

Help? frown

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
The merge user tool is available in a tab at the bottom when you're looking at an individual user in the control panel.

Basically you find the user that is a _dup and edit them. You need to know the userid of the actual user and then when clicking the merge user tab you'll be asked for the userid you want/need to merge to.

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
Thanks guys, I wasn't aware of that. It's a very useful feature.

However, it's a good thing this is a test board as I merged the users the wrong way around.

Not the end of the world I suppose, just an irritation if the email addresses are different - as you 'lose' the correct email address.

Thanks again,
d.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 176 guests, and 163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)