Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 60
W
journeyman
journeyman
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 60
What does it do if I check the box labeled "Make this post a global announcement" when I start a new message?

Winter

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
This post will displayed in every forum


my board: http://www.dragonclan-forum.de
my hobby: http://www.biker-reise.de
Ich kann bei Fragen zu UBBthreads in Deutsch weiterhelfen oder es zumindest versuchen
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Theres a PHPBB mod that makes global announcements display at the top of the category index, seperate from the categories; I think that'd be kinda cool to adapt in UBB.T7


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 60
W
journeyman
journeyman
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 60
Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it. Is there a manual somewhere that explains the features? I know there is the Admin manual, but it does not explain a lot of the boards features. (for instance I could not find anything about the global posts in that manual)

Maybe I am just overlooking something somewhere?
Thanks again,
Winter

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Theres a PHPBB mod that makes global announcements display at the top of the category index, seperate from the categories; I think that'd be kinda cool to adapt in UBB.T7


Personally, I would prefer stickies & global announcements to be in their own segment at the top of the forum list. Looks neater imho

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Well the PHPBB mod I was mentioning shows on the forum index (where it shows your categories) at the very top, seperated from everything, and lists all global announcements for a specific period of time.

I've seen stickies and global announcements and announcements listed at the top of an index that shows everythign wiht a 3px bar under them to seperate them from the "normal" threads that does look nice.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 563 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)