Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#168329 11/15/2006 1:08 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 46
T
newbie
newbie
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 46
When I view a thread on my forum it looks like this:

http://lymecommunity.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/72/page/1#Post72

But when I email THE SAME THREAD, the link looks like this:

http://lymecommunity.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Number=72

What is the difference between these two URLs? Is there anything functionally different about them that I need to understand?

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 14
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 14
The first link is more search engine friendly and it essentially replaces the ? and = and & 's with / slashes. Google and other engines then rank this page higher as it appears to be a static file instead of a script generated file.

I'm not an expert on the subject so thats all I'll say, but you can read up here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine_optimization



Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 399 guests, and 96 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)