Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Addict
Addict
M Offline
One you can set when your're being sarcastic or when your're actually mad about something ? I have see a few conversations go sideways because you can't do a good job of reading someones intentions or if they are kidding.

Happy Customer !!!
H
Addict
Addict
H Offline
Isn't that what graemlins are for? Or the post isn't clear enough in it's intended demeanor?

Maybe these guys aren't being used enough: tongue crazy

Anyways, the only way to be sure would be to study up on the changelog. I'm fairly confident that Rick said they were on their way.

M
Addict
Addict
M Offline
ya totally seperate from emoticons. people use them in wierd ways to which adds to the confusion at times.

Happy Customer !!!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I'm curious how they'll be handled...

LiveJournal style, they're set on a post by post basis and remain seperate.

Generall Forum Style, they're set in the profile, and change as a "my current mood" in general, and always update your previous posts...

I'd like to lean towards the LJ style of mood indicators.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
It's the second. The first is really what the post icons can be used for. It just seems to me that we'd be redoing a feature that is already there but just giving it a different name if it was on a post by post basis wink

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
lol yeh, but some of us aren't ging to want to update our profile every 5 minutes hehe... Then again, most of you probably don't have your mood change at the drop of a hat :x

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Carpal Tunnel
Happy Birthday Ian
Carpal Tunnel
would prefer it to be some for of drop down on the posting page - even if this updated all the previous posts.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
The mood indicator as-is, is meant to indicate your current mood at the current time. It's used in conjuction with the offline/online status indicator.

What you guys are talking about is something a bit different than what this feature is for and more of a historical indicator.

Carpal Tunnel
Happy Birthday Ian
Carpal Tunnel
indeed - but surely a mood indicator should be easily siwtchable - the user control panel, should only need to be visted every so often. This should ideally be controllable outside of that. (IMHO wink )

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
It is. The mood indicator is right up next to the "Welcome, Ian" line in the header. Clicking on your current mood, opens up a popup, that you can change and it will update with a bit of AJAX.

Carpal Tunnel
Happy Birthday Ian
Carpal Tunnel
oh ok cool smile Thanks. smile

What happens if the users name is not Ian wink tongue

M
Addict
Addict
M Offline
I was thinking about something that is captured at post time. Something that says hey I am a little upset or Life's great..

maybe a quick drop down of mood options with a default setting of Life's great. LOL And when I am upset at something I could select concerned or mad so there is no doubt that my post is serious to me. smilies are great for this but when your pissed and you use gremlins the same way you would normally how does someone know ?? Then someone posts something sarcastic and bang you have board hell.

This mood indicator at the time of post would only have one function to identify the mind set at time of posting and nothing else. no smilies, no gremlins etc.. can throw that off.

The idea has some merit especially on community boards. Informational boards not so much.

Happy Customer !!!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by Mors
I was thinking about something that is captured at post time. Something that says hey I am a little upset or Life's great..
ditto

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 661 guests, and 171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29