A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
Version 7 lets you

1. admin log as a user
2. restrict PM's to users with a certain number of posts
3. lets you see who is online and where
4. How many clicks are needed to edit delete a pot? and does the post deissapear if it has replies or is left there as deleted by admin
5. Does it have an easy way to match member IP's or to find people using more thna one accunt?
6. Is there an integrated chat room mod?
7. Lets mods do their basic job without giving them too much power?
8. Does the registration with email verification let AOL users click on a link? (before AOL customers did not see the link)
9. Can you rate users, or give karma points, or put certain graphits next to usernames in certain groups

10. Very Important one: is there any way to integrate it with member management or subscription services like Verotel or Segpay? To make some forums for subscribers only...

And one more: with the delay in this version coming out I have been wondering about switching to VBulletin... but was told that VBulleting will use four times more disk space than UBBthreads... is that true?

Thanks

Last edited by alphamale; 11/16/2006 9:25 PM.
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
1. An admin can login as a user through the user management page.
2. Not currently, you can restrict how many pm's any user is allowed to have though.
3. Yes, see the Who's Online box to the left and its details link.
4. umm, view the post, click edit, then edit content, then click submit, thats 3 clicks (including clicking in the textarea)... If you delete a post it dissapears but its children (responses) are left (unlessyou delete the children).
5. Member management in the control pannel allows you to search by ip.
6. There is both a FREE irc addon (using pJiRC and creating a channel on one of the many millions of free irc networks) and a Raidersoft (raidersoft is nto free) addon at UBBDev.
7. Mods can remove access to regular members, edit posts, and delete posts; as well as approve posts in any forums that reuire moderaton that they have access to.
8. As long as the client uses html links the link should be clickable.
9. You can rate both users and threads.

10. There is currently no integration modifications to integrate with other services, you could request (or hire a developer) to make such an integration. As it looks like you're looking for a payment addon, the UBB will be coming out with one in one of the major releases (at this point it doens't look like 7.1, so you'd be looking at 7.2 at the earliest).

I cannot validate on any type of diskspace usage, as I don't use vbulletin; i can say however that the UBB uses a caching system to provide less of an impact to the server, unlike other products.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,144 guests, and 193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29