Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 23
K
newbie
newbie
K Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 23
What is the template I have to edit to change the footer text that gets appended to outgoing watched topic notification emails?

On my system it's appending this text:

Quote
To stop receiving these notifications and have your account deleted please send an e-mail to [email protected] with the subject, 'REMOVE'

Needless to say, that won't work. I intentionally set up an undeliverable outgoing email address ("noreply") so as to cut down on spam. I'd like my footer text to instead direct people to the forum so they can edit their settings.

This unwanted footer started appearing when I upgraded to 7.0.1.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 23
K
newbie
newbie
K Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 23
To answer my own question:

Control Panel -> Languages -> (English etc) -> EMAIL_SIG

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Just for note, for anyone seeking wordlet questions, the languages page in the control panel has a search option which can go through all of the language files and search for whatever string you're wishing to work with.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 552 guests, and 89 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)