Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
H Offline
I did a test import to 7.01 of 1800+ members, 12,000 or so topics. The import took about 5 hours and completed successfully. All forums and threads appear to be present and browseable (so far). I plan to wait for 7.02 before actually going live with the upgrade, this was just a test or me.

At completion, I was given the option to log in, and was unable to do so -- no error message given, just passed to the main page with "You are not logged in" in the upper right hand corner.

How can I get myself logged in as administrator? (Yes I'm accepting cookies from my own site.)

My imported (non-live) forums are sitting here . Registration isn't working because the email isn't working. I assume some settings need to be tweaked that weren't copied over from my original config file.

Thanks in advance for assistance.

Last edited by Rick; 11/22/2006 6:28 PM.
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I Offline
clear your cookies

H
H Offline
Ah, if only that had been it. But, to my credit, it was one of the first things I tried.

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I Offline
Whenever I got the problem, it was due to the cookie prefix conflicting with a previous install of the beta forum, or the current install of the live forum. Try changing the cookie prefix on the test forum, clearing cookies, and hoping.

H
H Offline
I set the test forum up with a different cookie prefix initially, anticipating a conflict. Test forum cookie prefix is "7.01_".

Clearing my cookies hasn't done it, unfortunately... seeking other ideas at this point.

Thanks, though, for the initial suggestions. smile

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
You've got something going on that really doesn't make much sense. If you turn on a cookie tracker, you'll see that it actually sets all the cookies properly, but then when it redirects you to the start page it's actually deleting the cookie for your userid.

The part that makes no sense is that the only place that cookie ever gets deleted is when you hit the logout button. So there is somthing funky in the setup thats making that cookie get deleted on the redirect.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Could be as easy as changing the prefix, try using a letter before the numbers, or try removing the period alltogethre.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I Offline
Looking at cookie specs

The name may contain only letters, numbers and underscore characters, and it must begin with a letter.

So Gizzy seems to have it right

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
It works like that in PHP a lot too, certain things can't start with a number, and using non A-Z 0-9 characters b0g some things wink...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
H
H Offline
Ah-ha!! grin

Thank you, Ian, Rick, and Gizmo! It looks like the funky cookie prefix was the thing messing me up. I edited the config file manually and changed it to an all-text prefix and now am able to log in without problem.

Thanks for the help, guys!

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Not a problem, t'is why we're here (although everyone would say i'm here just to spam wink.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (rootman, Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 562 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29