Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
journeyman
journeyman
W Offline
So I have my board set to enable the registration queue. Does everyone who is an Admin receive an email that there are users waiting for approval? Is it possible to somehow set a specific Admin to receive all of these emails, and only them?

Thanks,
winter

Last edited by winter; 11/26/2006 11:35 PM.
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I believe all admin's recieve this notice, as the amdin level has permissions to allowusers to join.

I am unaware of any ability (short of modifying code) that would alow this to only work for one admin.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
It's funny I was going to post about this tonight. I can confirm that all Admins receive these emails. My other Admin who doesn't take care of registrations noted it today.

One question I'd like to pose: On the bottom of all of these emails, there's a line that says: "To stop receiving these notifications and have your account deleted please send an e-mail to (messageboard email address) with the subject, 'REMOVE'"

It seems like an 'unsubscribe' option is there, however, the part that is scarey is the "and have your account deleted". Does that mean the account is deleted from the message board? That doesn't make sense to me. If this is just an unsubscribe feature, great. In that case the wording needs to be clarified.

Can someone provide insight into how this works?
Thanks
PaulC

Stress the system until it breaks. Hey.. it works for Spacecraft.. why not here?

UBB since 1999: MonteCarloSS.com
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
You can edit that wordlet in the languages file. I think a BETTER default would be something specifying that users can change their preferances in their profile :/

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Missing the point. We're talking about Admin emails (registration queue / display name changes / report posts / post approvals). Normal users do not receive these emails.

If the message at the bottom of these emails (To stop receiving these notifications....) is meant for the users, then it's misplaced.

So the question remains... is it possible for an Admin to 'unsubscribe' from receiving admin emails?

Stress the system until it breaks. Hey.. it works for Spacecraft.. why not here?

UBB since 1999: MonteCarloSS.com
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
It currently isn't possible for admins to not receive admin emails.

As for the message at the bottom. The wording definitely needs changing, and it doesn't even need to be an unsubscribe wording. All it really is meant to be is an email signature that goes out on all emails generated by the forum.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Test
by Phun - 05/28/2024 7:31 PM
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 322 guests, and 156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29