Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 148
Member
Member
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 148
It would be extremely useful to be able to define a group based on either post count, or member title (preferred). I'd like to restrict certain forums to only higher ranked (higher post count) members. There doesn't appear to be any way to do this currently.

Can I hear an amen?


Stress the system until it breaks. Hey.. it works for Spacecraft.. why not here?

UBB since 1999: MonteCarloSS.com
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
Post Count Restricted Forums was always a popular modification at UBBDev for UBB.C6; it was always useful for maintaining a VIP forum for high-postcount users.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 148
Member
Member
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 148
Yep.. or restricting some forums for newbies.


Stress the system until it breaks. Hey.. it works for Spacecraft.. why not here?

UBB since 1999: MonteCarloSS.com
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
Yeh, newbies don't need to view my vip forums wink hehe


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Well it may not be "automated" but it's still possible in 7


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 427 guests, and 119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)