Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#170105 12/11/2006 5:28 PM
M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
When I (or a moderator) deletes a user post, it shows the spot in the thread where the post used to be and shows "post deleted by so-and-so." I don't recall the odler versions doing this - how do I get rid of the post without leaving a notice to all my users that a moderator has deleted something?

Thanks!

Mark

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I don't think previous versions did this, and I too would like to see this gone (I hate seeing the message).

I think it's how it is now as to not break child posts from their parents (which really only has an effect in threaded mode as in flat they just show one after another).

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Previous version of .threads had this behavior to preserve threaded mode if the post being deleted has any replies. There is no way around this in the current version either without deleting the replies to the post first. It's noted in the changelog that this will be changed in the next version.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
:sits around waits until a logical way of reassigning a child post can be found:

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
You don't have to wait Gizmo. You have access to the beta version where this has been changed already.

Goober wink

M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
Ah! I just went from Classic to Threads 7.0.2, that's why I hadn't seen it before. It's hard to keep my moderators from getting flamed when all the users can see who deleted what. Makes people not want to be moderators because they spend more time explaining themselves than actually participating in the community. Much beter that post deletes were anonymous, at least in my world!

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by Rick
You don't have to wait Gizmo. You have access to the beta version where this has been changed already.
Oh yeh! lol

M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
Is there perhaps some file I can edit? Some quick workaround other than telling users not to post stupid stuff that will get deleted by people with better sense? grin

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
It's actually a fairly complex fix, so nothing I can post. Replies to a deleted post have to be reattached to a parent so I had to redo the script pretty heavily.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by marks
other than telling users not to post stupid stuff that will get deleted by people with better sense? grin
I donno, that sounds kinda fun wink...

As for the update thats in beta, most of them aren't a simple edit of a file...

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 736 guests, and 155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29