Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 29
M
newbie
newbie
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 29
I have a "Testing" forum on my board where users can try things out.

In 6.5 I had this set to automatically delete posts after 48 hours via the crob job (Windows). This worked very well.

Is there a way to do this in version 7.x?
Apparently the cron jobs have been removed, together with the former subscription and digest functionality.

I know about the manual prune feature, but I would prefer a fully automatic solution for topic deletion.

Some users also complained that they now get individual emails from the forum instead of having a daily digest. Are there plans to add these features again to the 7.x version?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,344
G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,344
I suggested the same in Feedback & Suggestions, don't know how hard it would be to bring back. Hopefully not to hard since we can set auto deletes for pointers and such.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)