|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 583
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 583 |
I am doing the import from 6.5 as I type this. I plan to go live with 7 in a few minutes. I know I need to do the re-direct scripts for postlis.php, showflat.php and showthreaded.php in my old 6.5 install so that anyone hittim any old threads get re-directed. I also know that the index.php file in my NEW Threads 7 directory does a re-direct to the ubbthreads.php file that is in my NEW threads directory.
Question - what do I do about my original index.php file that is in my site root directory? Should I replace it with a redirect like I have in teh new threads directory so that anyone hitting my main site URL gets re-directed automatically? Need to decided this soon cuz I'm doing the import now and want to go live in a few minutes,
Basil
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1 |
Yes, if your old index.html redirected to your ubb.threads 6.5 install, then you'll change it to redirect to the new one.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 583
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 583 |
Thanks Rick. Here is another question. A few moments ago, right as I was in the midst of setting up my Threads7 settings in preparation for switching over, I suddenly could no longer get to my Admin panel. I would just get a blank screen. So I came here and could not get to this site, so I'm guessing that my Admin panel is linked somehow to THIS server? If that is the case, I strongly urge you to modify the script so that IF this server is down, the Admin panel in Threads 7 will still open.
Thanks, Basil
Last edited by Basil; 12/20/2006 12:07 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659 Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
|
|
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659 Likes: 1 |
There is an IFRAME pointing here for "Latest Announcements for UBB.threads™", but I can't imagine anything else in the CP relying on the ubbcentral.com server -- nor should that frame not loading up really effect your forums. Must be something else...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 583
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 583 |
Well, when it happened, I came here and got "Could not Find Server". Once THIS site was back, I could get back to my Admin panel, so I'm about 85% sure there is a connection.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
The "news" was relayed by an RSS feed at one point, now it's using an iframe; I dont' see how it'd affect your server though :scratches head:
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
270
guests, and
100
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
|
|