Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Importing from one domain to another domain #170521 12/18/2006 9:22 AM
Fishtails Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Has anyone tried upgrading from earlier version of threads to 7, and did a domain change at the same time? Basically I'm moving the site to a new domain name (it will still be on the same server).

Re: Importing from one domain to another domain [Re: Fishtails] #170528 12/18/2006 3:33 PM
Rick Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Since you're only changing the domain name, not servers it should be a typical upgrade. You'd need to decide if you want to do it before or after the domain name change. If you upgrade before changing the domain name then all you'd need to do is go through the install/upgrade process and then once the domain name change has been completed, you'd need to edit the config file to change the domain name and that's about it.

Re: Importing from one domain to another domain [Re: Rick] #170754 12/20/2006 7:59 PM
Fishtails Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Hi Rick,

Thanks for the reponse. My main concern was uploaded files, wether or not the URL's were relative when pertaining to them, and if I was going to have to do some queries in the db to get everything right. So, I am assuming that the URL's to the uploaded files are relative, and I only need to change the URL in the config, and everything will be OK with no broken images?

My other concern is photopost. I know you aren't the developer, but I believe you have had experience with photopost in the past. If so, could you enlighten me on wether an upgrade on it will be a problem?

On another note, I would highly recomend, as a suggestion on improving UBBthreads, that you consider adding a photo gallery and some time in the fututre, a CMS. You will esentially have a "Website in a Box", so to speak. But, of course, first things first, a stable forum system. So far so good though. Thanks for your help.

The threaded views are essential to my site(s) which is why the "OTHER" forum systems are OUT!

Re: Importing from one domain to another domain [Re: Fishtails] #170768 12/20/2006 10:22 PM
Gizmo Offline
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
A photo gallery (at least in some basic standing) is slated for a future version (I think Rick has said that he's going to try to get some basic functionality in 7.2).

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Need to Upgrade?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Forum Search
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Mobile app?
by Baldeagle - 12/06/2019 9:32 PM
How do you change Text Line spacing?
by jorb - 11/23/2019 12:14 AM
What happened to FAQ or Forum Help
by Ruben - 11/20/2019 11:58 AM
Search feature encountering an Error message
by jorb - 11/20/2019 12:06 AM
Followed List v7.7.2 Question
by Ruben - 11/12/2019 12:22 PM
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 74 guests, and 433 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Stones
Stones
by isaac, August 19
Amusing Terain Scenics
Amusing Terain Scenics
by isaac, August 19