Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#172465 01/05/2007 12:31 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 16
N
stranger
stranger
N Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 16
I need to migrate my 6.4 install to a new server (not interested in upgrading). The new server will host the same domain name, DB name, etc.

I am clear about the steps to export/import the SQL DB and also moving the 6.4 software to the new host.

After I import the sqldump file and move/un-tar the software, is there anything else that I need to do? I would assume the config.inc.php and other files should not change because everything is the same except its on a new server.

Thanks,
Mike

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Unless the servers are identical in their setup it's possible that the paths have changed. There are many variations of paths on different servers, some are /var/www/... some are /home/www/... So that's the main thing you'll probably want to check.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 16
N
stranger
stranger
N Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 16
Good point Rick, thanks!

Mike

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I believe in prior releases of threads that there are paths in /includes/config.inc.php and /includes/main.inc.php (at least according to prior posts); so long as the paths are set properly you should be golden.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)