Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#172665 01/07/2007 7:05 PM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 87
J
journeyman
journeyman
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 87
Hi
I would liek to give mod access to a regular on our boards to approve/remove posts.

Is it possible to give him very basic rights so he cannot by error (or otherwise) make a mess of any settings?

thanks

Jeff

JEFFD #172666 01/07/2007 7:56 PM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1

Sure, look in: Control Panel » Moderator Settings » Moderator Permissions


GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
jgeoff #172867 01/09/2007 8:59 PM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 87
J
journeyman
journeyman
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 87
Hi

I added a MOD - he appeared as a mod then I went to permissions to set specifics - but nothing at all listed in the permissions (no users, nada) and when I go back to the tab where I added the user as a MOD - it no longer show him. I am confused.

Can anyone please help me?

JEFFD #172870 01/09/2007 9:18 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Did you hit submit after you added the user as a moderator? Until you submit the form to add the user, they won't show on the tab as a current moderator (as they're not a moderator until the form is submitted)


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
JEFFD #172871 01/09/2007 9:20 PM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Hmm, weird. Maybe try again / clear your browser cache / clear the board cache / etc... might do it...

PS - Or what Gizmo said. wink



Last edited by jgeoff; 01/09/2007 9:20 PM. Reason: PS

GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
jgeoff #172872 01/09/2007 9:26 PM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 87
J
journeyman
journeyman
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 87
I was not looking right down bottom of screen ... doh!!!

Thanks ;-)

JEFFD #172874 01/09/2007 9:28 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Honest mistake wink


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 494 guests, and 94 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)