Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 2
stranger
stranger
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 2
Using search criteria of 'All Forums', minimum search string length = 3, searching on 'sun' I get the following message:

There are no results for your query. Please try a broader range of search criteria.

However 'full sun' finds posts.

Any thoughts?


Gregory Miller
AAA Ornamentals
www.hostas.com
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Yes, that is normal behavior. MySQL defaults to a minimum search length of 4 characters. It can be lowered but is not recommended by most MySQL Advocates


Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
lol, leave it to NT to always beat me when I'm sleeping wink...

Some MySQL configurations are set to a minimum length of 3 characters by the admin, but the default in current versions would appear to be 4.

I believe Rick has mentioned that he's going to try and bring users the option of using the "old" search functionality in a future revision.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)