Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#174007 01/17/2007 6:16 AM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 21
W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 21
Hi,

I have two sets of boards I'm contemplating upgrading to version 7. The one I care about more is 6.5.4, and I'm guessing I won't have too much trouble getting there from here.

But the other is a 2002 version, number 6.0.3. The oldest version available for download from the members area is 6.5.5. In the UPGRADING.html file in the 6.5.5 download, it says that I need to get to 6.4.1 before I can upgrade to 6.5.5.

So am I just S.O.L. and unable to upgrade at all from 6.0.3?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
The instructions can be a bit confusing. Basically you just go down to your current version in the UPGRADING.html file, and then work your way up, running each altertable that there is a link for. Once you get to version 6.4.1, then there is a new method of upgrading with the install/upgrade.php script from there.

As you work your way up, it will give you information on exactly what you need to do until you get to 6.5.5.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
You know, I wondered why there where so many altertables there...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 381 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)