Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Addict
Addict
I'm getting many of my editors reporting in with errors such as this -

---

I am having trouble, however, when I try to do certain things. Yesterday, for example, I read a post and tried to send a message to editor who made the post, and suddenly the forum told me I was logged out (I'd been logged in, of course), so I don't know what that was. I never could get that feature to work.

A day or so earlier, when I tried to post to a message, I kept getting logged out, but eventually by hitting the back button to where I was logged in, it finally left me logged in long enough to post a reply to a post.

---

I get this too. Or more odd, I'll log in with one of my accounts, start to click through the forum, and when I go to post, it'll think I'm logged in with a different account. Some editors will be in their profile area, editing their profile and when they go to save it'll say that they aren't logged in.

I'm having them try the normal clear cache / delete cookies etc. but any other ideas?

Lisa Shea, owner, BellaOnline.com
BellaOnline Website
BellaOnline Forums - UBB since Apr 2002 - 58,000 members / 850,000 posts
Find out what browsers there using
trying to buid a pattern...

I'm still on 7.02
and the e-mail for you have pm
has login in at the end of the url

so if i use that link, to check a pm
i'm reding it but it also says i'm not logged in.

I suspect a clear cookies may resolve those issues.

Ask if they have more than one window open at a time?
Are they using tabs as appose to windows open?

It is a mind feild,
i'm watching the progress of several issues your having
and i hope there are answers for you soon.

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah

You may also want them to try expiring their cookies in the My Cookies link at the bottom-right of your forum. I've never been logged out of my forum after checking "keep me logged in" on the login page...

In addition, I'm assuming you're running just one forum. If you're still having problems, and, you've imported from Classic or Threads, you'll want to be sure your cookie prefix is different than the old one. That's set in Control Panel » Primary Settings » Advanced Options » Custom Cookie Prefix: (Warning: Changing this value will cause all users to be logged out.)

GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 5.6.40 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 (was 5.6.41-84.1) / Apache 2.4.54
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Do you have any applets/scripts which set cookies on your site? Most browsers have a cookie limit for each site, so it's possible that they may be scrolling off.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Addict
Addict
I did use a different prefix for cookies for the new forum - the old forum is completely gone so it should be the only cookies set for forums.bellaonline.com. I've asked the users who hit this error to try completely clearing their browser cache and cookies, close the browser window down and open a fresh one, and they say it doesn't help. Here's another complaint I just got from one of my editors - each editor is the moderator of their forum area.

------

Having a little trouble with the forum. First, I ALWAYS have to log on twice before it recognizes that I am logged on. Second, when I tried to delete a sales post on my forum, when I hit the delete button after it asks me if I really want to delete, I get a blank page. If I go to the site, that post is still there and hasn't been deleted. Am I doing something wrong?

BellaOnline Website
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
ummm, hmmm, what domains do you have set to allow posting? Can any domain other than just http://forums.bellaonline.com access your forums? Can http://www.forums.bellaonline.com forward to your forums as well?

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Addict
Addict
I had a problem just now. Two of my accounts there are 'lowcarb' and 'bellaonline'. I made a post with low carb. Then I was reading mail and followed a link to a forum thread to add a post. When I did, it went in under 'bellaonline' even though I most definitely did not log out and in again.

The forum is set up to allow forum.bellaonline.com and forums.bellaonline.com. I really won't want to get into four part URLs ...

I suppose I can shut down one of the two and just have it be forum.bellaonline.com to see if that helps, but I thought the system was supposed to be able to handle multiple URLs?

BellaOnline Website
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah

Are all your domains/subdomains listed in Control Panel » Primary Settings » Advanced Options » Domains for HTTP Referer Check ?

If not, try something like this:
http://forum.bellaonline.com|http://forums.bellaonline.com

And maybe even add
|http://bellaonline.com|http://www.bellaonline.com
to the end for the heck of it

But FWIW - I'd really use either forum. or forums. as the default, and just put in a redirect if it's necessary. Less chance of something getting screwed up.

GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 5.6.40 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 (was 5.6.41-84.1) / Apache 2.4.54
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
lol you'll need to make sure all of them are entered under the referrer check; and what sounds like it's happening is that someone is logging into one url, then going through another url; which will be a cross domain cookie issue.

Instead of allowing all of these urls to post, you should instead have them all redirect to one host and allow it exclusive access. at least it'll allow everythign to work normally without changing...

See, the full url is hardcoded, and when you do a login, or make a post, or pm a user it changes the url to the fullurl; which will make it so if you're accessing forums and your full url is forum, it'll switch to forum; which can have a seperate cookie for a differant username.

I have a fix of sorts if you look at my "quick update for full ssl support" which will allow multi domain support and ssl support (should it be allowed on your host).

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 1,124 guests, and 219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29