Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#176070 01/30/2007 11:49 AM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 46
T
newbie
newbie
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 46
can anyone recommend a chat room software I could get to complement ubb?

theskyking #176077 01/30/2007 1:17 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
check out Gizmo's chatroom hack over at ubbdev - works well smile

I'll dig out the direct URL for you.

Ian #176079 01/30/2007 1:22 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1

Ian #176090 01/30/2007 3:46 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Yes, the pJIRC script is free, and utilizes the ever-vigelant (and one of the oldest chat protocols there is) IRC. There are thousands of free irc servers, and this script integrates neatly into your forum wink.

I also operate a free irc server for anyone interested; though my staff is rather anal retentive about new channels poping up lol, so be sure they know you're with me wink


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #176266 01/31/2007 3:19 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 106
member
member
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 106
If you have any troubles, the WyldRyde IRC Network welcomes new channels with open arms and all our staff is very friendly and helpful. smile

usrbingeek #176275 01/31/2007 3:41 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
'eh mine are anal retentive for a reason; we seem to attract a lot of warez groups; so hardcore policing is in order at that point wink...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 407 guests, and 105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)