Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#176557 02/01/2007 1:42 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 24
R
Stranger
Stranger
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 24
I've looked around for ideas/solutions on these two issues without any luck. frown

1) I can't seem to find any documentation or advice on Search Options.

For example, can you do this: word1 AND word2 -> I can't seem to get this to work.

Or this: word1 + word2 -> doesn't work either

A list of commands, options, and examples would be a great help to users...

2) Is there a way to configure the Search Engine to display results by "thread" instead of by "post"? This would substantially slim down the list of results, so you don't have to wade through pages of hits.


Regards,
Rich
rich_ay #176560 02/01/2007 1:45 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
Agree - there should be a search help pop-up in the search page.

Ian #176571 02/01/2007 2:56 PM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1

7.1 includes the previously missing "(Advanced Search Tips)" -- see the Search page here.

As for displaying results by thread, I agree that search results are unwieldy when every post in a thread is listed rather than just the thread itself once... but it could be difficult if the search result occurs more than once in a thread.


GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Selling a Forum?
by ECNet - 10/10/2026 10:54 AM
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 469 guests, and 123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)