Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#176433 01/31/2007 11:24 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 869
old hand
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 869
SOmeone once gave the info on how to use firefox to determine errors.

for some reason everything is centered for people with IE on www.clubadventist.com not for people using other browsers..

I have added extra /center>


http://clubadventist.com/forums

No longer following the carrot
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1

First problem I notice is that, at 1024x768 (85Hz) on my 21" monitor -- your last Google Ad block in the header doesn't fit and is put below the rest... (it's okay at 1280x1024, but everyone doesn't have that, or widescreen.)

Secondly, adding </center> in the HEAD section won't solve anything.

In your Header include, you placed a <center> tag before your logo, but never closed it. You want to place the </center> after the last Google adblock. Or better yet, put everything in a table and align=center the table.

And if you can narrow that header a bit, it'd be cool. Add width and height parameters to your logo. Place the whole shebang in a table w/o cellpadding/spacing with a white background to lose that line between the logo and the Ads. And try to narrow the ads up.

Your code shows 4 blocks of 250-width ads, but I only see 3 showing up? Lose one. Your logo is 361px wide, you can't have 4 blocks of 250px in the same line... 3 barely works...

Start there and then let's see how it looks...






GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 869
old hand
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 869
Thanks for that input, it is much appreciated..

How weird is it that i get excited about $3-4 a day earned via Google.. way less than what I earn in a day at my job??


Weird..


http://clubadventist.com/forums

No longer following the carrot
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Lucky you, I'm lucky to get a dollar a day with google :/


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1

And here I got mad when last month I averaged only $17/day when in December I averaged $27/day. laugh ...but not from my forums, that's only $1/day if I'm lucky (those cheapskates! lol)


GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
$27 a day - wow - what from???

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
haha, need a fulltime webdeveloper? wink


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I keep offering you work tongue

Which if we make it to Portland we will discuss wink

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Ian
$27 a day - wow - what from???


From all the in-your-face Google Ads on www.Scarface1983.com and www.TheGodfatherTrilogy.com mostly... lol

One month I made over a grand just from those ads cool that's why I get mad when it's "only" like $500-something. (Well, minus taxes mad )

Kinda funny, cuz I'm like the first person to IGNORE such ads, but I'm glad everyone else clicks on them. laugh


GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
well done smile


Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Originally Posted by Ian
I keep offering you work tongue
you do?

Originally Posted by Gizmo
haha, need a fulltime webdeveloper? wink
again lol


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Lucky you, I'm lucky to get a dollar a day with google :/


ck chingggg + 10cents

just clicked on one for you lol


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
lol, my hero :x


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 156 guests, and 140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)