Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1

In this post on my board I used both UBB Code and HTML, the latter to display a table.

There is a HUGE space, however, between where it says "Full List:" and the table itself, despite that particular area of code being simply:
Code
[b]Full list:[/b]
<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" width="95%">

Any ideas why, or am I missing the obvious here...?



GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Well, let's see:

Full list:
test

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Seems to be ok here. Do you have any style settings that apply to the generic table blocks? Possibly a margin or something?

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1

Weird...

I tried the ubbthreads and ubbthreads-dark styles as well, which I probably didn't tweak so much compared to my custom style with the same results.

I even removed all the inline styles from the table.

No big difference in Post Properties
.post-content (my custom style)
Code
border-left: 0px solid #DDDDBB; 
background: #f9f9f9;
color: #000000;	
padding: 2px;
font-size: 10pt;
.post-content (ubbthreads style)
Code
border-left: 1px solid #DDDDBB; 
background: #F9F9F9;
color: #333333;	
padding: 2px;

I guess I could try installing this style and see what happens....


GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1

I should've done this first -- I just Viewed Source:

<br><br><b>Full list:</b>
<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" width="95%">

My post has just one return before the table -- where did all those linebreaks come from?? lol


GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
That's a bit strange, including the fact they are just <br> tags, any time .threads adds break tags they are added as <br />

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1

Okay, FF2 is showing all linebreaks as <br>, and all those extraneous breaks, and even adding a <tbody> to the table -- IF I use the right-click View Selection Source (DOM source)

When I use standard View Source, it displays just like IE7 -- with <br /> and without <tbody> and without including a gazillion linebreaks before the table, the way it's coded.

But, they're being displayed the same way on FF2 and IE7... like the DOM Source is interpreting how it's actually being displayed regardless of the actual source. If that makes any sense.

confused


GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 196
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 196
it's the same issue that's always existed when added tables, it adds <br /> every time you have an newline, even when you have

<table>
<tr>
<td>

becoming

<table><br /><tr><br /><td>

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
i agree with ian, it's always been there and it's always been annoying lol


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1

BUT I didn't add (do I have to count them?) all those breaks -- I only added one carriage return... so there's something (else) going on here... :/



GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)