Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Ok, if it's the .myi that keeps getting corrupt then that's definitely the indexes. I'd move it to 4. With 7.2 I'll be putting back the option to use the old search method if you need to search for less than 4 characters.

I'm sure you can specify a different tmp folder, but I'm not exactly sure how. Let me know when you plan on doing this, I'd like to do/check a few things before hand.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Ok, you should be able to specify a different temp directory with the following in your my.cnf file:

tmpdir = /path/to/mysqltempdirectory

I
Ian
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Thanks.

LOL - do I need to restart MySQL to enable that?

If I do the table will corrupt. Can't win;)

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Yes, you'd need to restart mysql, if you're going to change the min word length to 4, then do it at the same time wink

I
Ian
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Thanks - I am going to start this in the next hour.

Just to make matters worse, I have a large number of emails being sent from the server, which is bouncing - I am told they are being generated from /forums frown They are certainly coming from the domain.

Never rains, but it pours LOL

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I think the fact that you're running out of space in /tmp is, if not all of your load problem, then a large part of it.

When you run a query against mysql and the result set is too large to sort in memory it does it on disc. And where do you suppose it does that? If you guessed /tmp you win.

If you're running out of space in /tmp what do you think happens if two people try to search at the same time?

See where I'm going?

You need to find out why you're running out of space in /tmp. /tmp by the way, is not some place for you to put things temporarily. That's where the computer puts things temporarily.

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
I
Ian
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
sure - agree 100%

I have asked my server guys about increasing it - but never got an answer (surprise surprise)

247919 9097 226022 4% /tmp

are the figures.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I think that error 127 is due to using and repairing the tables at the same time.

Also, you'll find that running the command through the CLI will run much faster than utilizing it through a web script.

And I think it runs through the area defind in the config; I have no clue other than that though; never ran into issues like that yet wink

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Error 127 is corruption for sure, but how it can be due to using and repairing at the same time I'm not sure. I was under the impression that the table locks while it is being repaired. Am I wrong?

Ian, might also be a good idea at some point to have the hard drives checked. If you had one bad drive, with the way your drives are setup. you would see exactly this. I think this is lower on the list of "could be the problem" than the previously mentioned things to check, but surely it needs to be on the list.

As I said to you before, I think it's more a combination of problems than it is one single cause.

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I do believe that they are locked when repaired but the MySQL forums reported the error information i reported above; so it's conflicting information to say the least lol

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 702 guests, and 193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29