Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#173598 01/15/2007 8:19 AM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
member
member
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
I was wondering if anyone had a simple random image script for showing a thumbnail of an image from a specified folder. I want to show a random thumbnail of user submitted photos in a custom island. I have a pretty good script that I'm using now but sometimes all that shows up is a vertical line about 20 pixels tall.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
google "random image in folder" comes to mind; I've seen several decent ones in the past for project, I'll give it a look after i get some sleep...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #173611 01/15/2007 10:51 AM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
member
member
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
I found another one which seems to be working better. Thanks!


Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Lol not a problem; out of curiosity, which did you end up with?


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
member
member
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
I tried the one at http://photomatt.net/scripts/randomimage/ and another one but went back to the original that I had. The one that I have now refreshes the image with each page. The above one would keep showing the same image. I can post the script that I used here if you wan to me to.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 120
member
member
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 120
tonto69:
Please post the script or email me the script.
Larry

LarE #178597 02/17/2007 12:44 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 210
Likes: 2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 210
Likes: 2
I had issues wit the matt rotater, probably my fault, but I did get this one to work.

http://alistapart.com/articles/randomizer/


-Tim

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Phun), 259 guests, and 127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)