Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 148
Member
Member
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 148
If an element within a URL happens to be identified in Active Text, the software inserts the resulting active text response into the URL. In the case reported by one of my users, a subdirectory within the URL triggered the Active Text insertion.

Active Text should not apply to text within URLs.


Stress the system until it breaks. Hey.. it works for Spacecraft.. why not here?

UBB since 1999: MonteCarloSS.com
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 583
old hand
old hand
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 583
What he said..

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Can you give me an example of how this is breaking? I've tried to duplicate this to fix it but so far it doesn't seem to be doing that for me.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
What I'm thinking is he's saying if you have an activetext for PHP (as www.php.net) then it'll try to change your url of www.my-php.com/mike/ to www.my-www.php.net.com/mike/


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 148
Member
Member
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 148
Yep.. that's what's happening. In the case that was reported to me, the active test trigger text was a subdirectory in the URL. Rick, if you need a link to the page where it occured on our site, let me know.


Stress the system until it breaks. Hey.. it works for Spacecraft.. why not here?

UBB since 1999: MonteCarloSS.com
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
If you can point me to where it's happening on your site that would be great. I can't duplicate it on my 7.1 beta board so it may be a valid bug that I fixed without knowing it.

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 148
Member
Member
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 148
Turns out it is happening only when the url is inbetween IMG tags. Here's the example post:

http://www.montecarloss.com/community/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=387953

In this case, the term "SMCC" is active text.


Stress the system until it breaks. Hey.. it works for Spacecraft.. why not here?

UBB since 1999: MonteCarloSS.com
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 148
Member
Member
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 148
TTT Still a bug in V7.1b5


Stress the system until it breaks. Hey.. it works for Spacecraft.. why not here?

UBB since 1999: MonteCarloSS.com
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 196
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 196
I'm able to confirm it on my board. I think the cause is the regex not accounting for " />, only ">

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
This should be fixed for 7.1.1. I've added to the regex as Ian suggested and that appears to have fixed it.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 253 guests, and 121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)