Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#178516 02/16/2007 11:15 AM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 60
B
journeyman
journeyman
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 60
Ubbthreads were just installed on my club's server. I've created a few forums. I have a few questions.

For reference, my db is located at: http://www.scbmwrc.com/forum/ubbthreads.php

1. When I did the demo, I recall being able to link a particular forum to the calendar. Now, I can't seem to find how that is done. How do I associate a forum with the calendar? On this post, I see the Post Options below where I could actually post this message to the calendar, but I want only one forum (with one set of moderators) to be able to post items to the calendar.

2. I have set up the db such that new users must be approved. I want the registered users to be members of our club. I've set this in the settings. Now that it's done, how does someone who wants to register get approved? Is that for the administrator only or can I assign that task to a moderator? Can I have more than one administrator so that I don't have to do this task?

3. Regarding the registration of users, is it possible for me (the administrator) or someone else (a moderator or co-administrator) to register new users? IOW, I have a database of club members. I would like to register all of the members for them. Another scenario would be is that the membership chairperson would like to register new members on a monthly basis. Is this possible or can only the new user register themself?

4. Finally, I tried finding the answers to these questions elsewhere. How/where would you suggest I find answers to questions like the ones above?

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1

1. I don't recall that ever being possible?

2. I don't see any "approve users" options in Moderator Settings, so you'll likely have to assign a co-Admin to help with that. You can do this in their profile: "Member Status: Administrator". Be careful who you give such permissions to, though. wink Admins should receive an email when users sign up...

3. I don't think Admins can register users for privacy concerns. What you probably should do is send an invite email to all the people you'd like to sign up....

4. If nothing comes up in the Search, then you can just ask away right here -- you did it right. wink


GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
1. There was soemthing like this for classic, as a mod, i think...

2. Approving users must be done as an admin; they register as they alwya shave, only they'll be in a queue now and cant' do anything till approved.

3. Nope, you can't register users from the CP anymore; which is a featue I miss.



I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Selling a Forum?
by ECNet - 10/10/2026 10:54 AM
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 469 guests, and 123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)