Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 210
Likes: 2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 210
Likes: 2
Is there a feature/method or mod that will let users of a group upload images to the board and have them displayed in the post?

btw: I'm not talking about the file attachment feature.

Thanks again.


-Tim
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
The only feature that allows uploading is the file attachment feature, which, if the photo is under your "max size" it will display in the post. This feature isn't group based.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 210
Likes: 2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 210
Likes: 2
Ah, but I could limit it to a forum and give access to that forum through a group.



-Tim
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 210
Likes: 2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 210
Likes: 2
Well I'm using 7.0.2 and I attach a file that is under the limit which uploads fine. But it is seen as an attachment and does not display the photo.

Any ideas?


-Tim
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
There is a second setting,

1 is for max size to upload.
1 is for display file size.

if its over the desired file size for displaying
it shows a link only.

(Size = kb not image dimentions)

I know these setting are not in the same place.
May be under General settings??


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
What mark said wink... If the image is over the size limit that you define, it is not displayed in line; wehreas it'd be linked to


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
General : -->> Topic Display Options

Max Size for inline uploaded images


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 210
Likes: 2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 210
Likes: 2
/hi 5 Guys! The inline display option fix the issue. All is well again.


-Tim
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
Glad it is working for you smile

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Originally Posted by Ian
Glad it is working for you smile
:cough:spam:cough: wink


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 176 guests, and 163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)