Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#178619 02/17/2007 4:08 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
I just noticed my old posts here are credited to someone named mathjis:

https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/u...Limit=25&fromprof=1&fromsearch=1

frown


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
AllenAyres #178636 02/17/2007 6:24 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I have instructed the British Intelligence to investigate the above - either that or Rick can have a look wink

Ian #178658 02/17/2007 8:43 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
MI5 probably won't fall asleep wink


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
AllenAyres #178680 02/18/2007 6:25 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I'm not too sure about that LOL

Ian #178688 02/18/2007 12:17 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Yeah, that happened during one of the old imports, when we merged all of the classic posts with threads on the old 6.x forum. I've been trying to fix the ones I can as I have time.

Rick #178738 02/19/2007 4:34 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
hehe, know what you mean - I am *still* (since October) fixing the album owners albums on a photography site after upgrading them from threads 6.5.x to 7.x and not knowing they had deleted a few hundred users over the years. *None* of the 120+ categories in photopost matched their actual owner anymore after threads re-bunched up all the member profiles during the import :smashpc: Photopost made available a script to re-align them but only after I had already manually adjusted 30+ albums, rendering the photopost script useless.


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
AllenAyres #178747 02/19/2007 5:55 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I'll probably sound dumb, and i'tll probably just throw out a ton of extra queries, but why not leave the old db up, lookup the username on one and compare it to the username on the new forum then change the photopost uid to th enew threads uid? it seems easy enough with a new php script..

Photopost grabs uid from its permission ssystme (assuming it has one here), looks up the login name from the 6.5 db from the uid in th ephotopost table, then takes and looks up the login name in ubb7 and then updates the photopost table... or at least output the new data.

Last edited by Gizmo; 02/19/2007 5:57 PM.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #178803 02/20/2007 6:01 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
I've been doing that manually now for a few months - there's probably 10-15 out there still not fixed but writing a script to figure it out is a bit over my head.


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
AllenAyres #178879 02/20/2007 8:22 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
wait wait wait wait... so you're saying, that something I can do, is over your head? I feel special now...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #179347 02/24/2007 2:49 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 346
J
enthusiast
enthusiast
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 346
*buggers*


--
Website Development and Management
www.jcswebdev.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 522 guests, and 131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)