Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 93
2
journeyman
journeyman
2 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 93
Guys, I am still pretty confused about:

1] The difference between Portals and Custom Islands;
2] When to use which.

SPECIFICALLY, my immediate concern is I want to set up a Poll of the Week, at the top of the right column, and want to know:

1] Which feature to use?
2] How to set it up.

Thanks all.

Rick Bin


Rick
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
The portal is the overall outlook, WITH the differant boxes. The custom islands are the SPECIFIC boxes.

You use them both together.

I don't think polls can, at this point, be placed into an island.



I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 93
2
journeyman
journeyman
2 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 93
Gizmo, if you go to the Control Panel in 7.02, and go to portal layout, you have 10 custom islands and ten post islands.

What are the differences between these???

What's the diff?

Can't I put a poll in a post island?

I'm so confused.

Rick


Rick
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
A post island is for the recent topics thing to the left here; it simply shows the latest posts or latest topics.

A custom island allows you to place anything you wish in them.

Polls however are strictly content, there isn't a way, at this time, to have them in ANY island, unless as just a link pointing to the specific post that the poll is in.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 93
2
journeyman
journeyman
2 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 93
OK. frown

Rick


Rick

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)