Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
T Offline
What is the cost for the UBB.classic™ 7.1 upgrade package, and would this be a seamlessly easy upgrade. In addition we The First Generation Monte Carlo Club will be migrating to a new host as jsl.com is turning out the lights in Sep 1. So any good recommendations for hosts would be welcome as well; we already have a couple hosts in mind. Thank you;

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
The pricing structure through Groupee can be found at:
https://www.ubbcentral.com/purchase.php

The prcing would vary if you where to use a private developer to do the migration for you.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Good host recommendation from me are the good folks at www.webintellects.com on their VPS solutions, I've had several clients highly recommend them.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
T
T Offline
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Good host recommendation from me are the good folks at www.webintellects.com on their VPS solutions, I've had several clients highly recommend them.

Thanks, but that does not quite seem to measure up too http://ipowerweb.com/ as far as price or disc space. I do appreciate your input.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
You might save a dollar with them but there is no webhost who beats www.webintellects.com on service and reliability right now.

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
T
T Offline
Ok can you tell me about the upgrade from UBB.classic™ 6.6.1 to UBB.classic™ 7.1? Some of the many people on the board are concerned the upgrade will not go smoothly and there will be compatibility issues in the attempt. They are afraid our forum will not work the same and I can not give them a guarantee that they are looking for. Can someone give us that guarantee and will http://www.webintellects.com be able to back and support that guarantee, and if so what is the cost for that. In reality I know life gives no guarantee but I think we can venture from that saying some. http://www.firstgenerationmontecarlo.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I believe you'd need to upgrade to 6.7.3 (found in the members area) then import into threads. I've done it many times without issues (ok, maybe only a hundred times).

webintellects has nothing to do with how your forum runs, but they do their webhosting job topnotch - ask for a server with plesk 8.1 running and you'll get the latest software available. Their tech support and the server reliability has been the best I've ever used and I've been running websites more than 10 years now.

- Allen
T
T Offline
I have read some of your post and I it looks like I am stuck in the middle on this one as I have UBB.classic™ 6.6.1. So I am wondering were that would leave me, I could think of a few good analogizes that would be fitting but not proper.

UBB.threads™ users. Please note, if you are not running at least version 6.5, you will need to upgrade your forum to 6.5 at the minimum before importing to version 7.

UBB.classic™ users. Please note, if you are not running at least version 6.7, you will need to upgrade your forum to 6.7 at the minimum before importing to version 7.

T
T Offline
Originally Posted by AllenAyres
I believe you'd need to upgrade to 6.7.3 (found in the members area) then import into threads. I've done it many times without issues (ok, maybe only a hundred times).

Wow I guess you seen that one coming, thanks got the answer before I could finish the question cool

Although I am going to type the next question and see if my answer is already waiting for me. When you say (found in the members area) and I only have 6.6.1 will I need to pay for that upgrade to 6.7.3 and then the next upgrade as well to the 7.1?

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
The upgrade to 6.7.3 from 6.6.x is painless and should have been done years ago - LOTS of bugfixes and security fixes have been included since 6.6.1 was released more than 3 years ago wink

It's available in the members area still, along with the old threads 6.5.5 and the current threads 7.1, you access them from the same page, no extra charge if your members area access is current for 7.1 smile

- Allen
T
T Offline
I hear that, I have just recently taken over as admin and looking to get things caught up some.

I appreciate ALL of the rapid responses I have gotten from my post; however I was hoping maybe someone could fill me in on going from cgi to php. Our chat program is written in cgi code and was wondering if we can still use it with UBB 7.1 that uses the php instead of the cgi.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
$ doesn't matter, quality matters; I highly sugguest you check any webhosts against webhostingtalk.com

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Also, you can't really compare a Shared Host vs a Virtual Private Server; on one you're sharing resources wiht all users of the machine, and on the other you have a set array of dedicated memory, disk space, and processor speed.

T
T Offline
Does anyone have exoeriance with 1and1 as a web host running UBB7?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
There is a long thread at UBBDev on why 1and1 sucks as a webhost in general.

T
T Offline
Ok thanks, I will check it out. Right now I am using their 90 day free trial. I will go into more detail about our test site in another more appropriate post; in one of the other forums here.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I have 5 free "for life" accounts, 1gb space each; I don't use them as they're that bad lol...

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 522 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29