Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#179060 02/22/2007 11:29 AM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 12
M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 12
1) Is there a way for me to see a member's password in my Control Panel somewhere? I'm the only administrator on my forum.

2) If not, how can I fish this information out of the system? I have a member who is getting my personal email messages, but not the forgotton password messages I attempted to have the system send out. It's likely a filtering problem on her end, but I'd like to be able to get her her password so she can post.

Please advise.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
Hi Maria,

It is not possible to see a password for a user - the only method would be to log in as that member and then change the password for the user.

We have also had this situation where despite several attempts the lost password seems to end up in the ether.


Ian #179146 02/22/2007 3:59 PM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 12
M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 12
Ok, that will work. Thanks a bunch Ian!!!

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
FYI the passwords are stored in a "one way" MD5 hash, there is no "recovery", simply creating a new password.

As far as emails out, the spamfilter through their ISP could be blocking certain terms in the message.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Gizmo), 511 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)