Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 24
R
Stranger
Stranger
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 24
I have a user who states that he has registered with our Forums, but has not received the Forum generated e-mail with his password. I went into the Admin section and requested that his password be e-mailed again.

I received this message as a result (I put the "xxxxxx" string in):
Quote
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Password for COADE Discussion Forums
Sent: 2/22/2007 8:37 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

[email protected] on 2/22/2007 8:37 PM
There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.
<S59178 #5.5.0 smtp;553 sorry, invalid HELO hostname (#5.7.1)>

I've received a number of these messages over the last several months, with the common thread being "rediffmail.com". I just blew this off at first as some sort of spam nonsense, but now a legitimage user is e-mailing me from this domain.

I've read other posts here, that state the ISP on the other end could have some filters in place. What can I advise the user to look for? What advice should I request that he pass on to his ISP? (I just can't imaging what in the password e-mails would get trapped by a filter ...)



Regards,
Rich
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Could be a couple of things. The "invalid HELO hostanme" looks like whatever hostname your mailserver is initiating the request as is blacklisted or blocked on their end. They would probably need to contact their provide with your mailserver hostname and find out if it's blocked and why.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Additionally, there are a ton of utilities online to check if your server ip, or the requesting server ip, are blacklisted; one of which is:
http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)