Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#179226 02/23/2007 10:25 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 24
R
Stranger
Stranger
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 24
Are there any Search Limits in UBBThreads?

The reason I ask this is because one particular search on my board produced 8 pages of results (25 topics per page), but the oldest post is March 2006. My board has been running since 1999, and I know the search should have returned post way older than 3/06.

Is there a limit (of say 25*8=200) posts in the Search Function?


Regards,
Rich
rich_ay #179239 02/23/2007 12:45 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
On the Feature Settings -> Search tab you'll see a field for Maximum number of search results. By default that is set to "200" so it doesn't kill a server when someone makes a search that might find 10,000 results. You can bump that up if necessary, just keep in mind the number can be direcly related to performance.

Rick #179256 02/23/2007 2:06 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 24
R
Stranger
Stranger
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 24
Thanks Rick.

I wish the search would only count and display threads, instead of individual posts. (Is that perhaps, maybe, hopefully in 7.1?)


Regards,
Rich
rich_ay #179284 02/23/2007 6:52 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I don't really see how that'd work... Everything in a thread is posts; so if it'd just search the thread it'd only look at the title...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 381 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)