Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#179351 02/24/2007 4:48 PM
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
In 7.2 I'd like to see social bookmarking icons added to posts or threads. Allen Ayres posted this as a mod on ubbdev.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Theres a mod for this? I don't recall seeing anything for social networking; i recall seeing his dig mod, which i'm totally against as digging can pull your server to its knees, and thats popularity that no one needs lol

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #179398 02/24/2007 9:22 PM
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
I must be losing my mind... I thought I downloaded the file from ubbdev this morning but I can't find it now. I thought it was for more than dig but maybe I was wrong.

One of my sites uses different forum software and the social bookmarking icons are added to every post. The also offer linkbacks and trackbacks. Check it out if you are interested:

http://www.browncafe.com/forum

Last edited by cheryl; 02/24/2007 9:23 PM.
H
Addict
Addict
H Offline

C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Thank You smile I guess I haven't completely lost it.

I really like this software and would love to see something like this added. The functionality of forums and blogs has some overlap and social bookmarking is a good way to take advantage of it to gain links.

cheryl #179406 02/24/2007 10:02 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Wow, thats a whoel lot of social networking lol... I do like the idea of having the "do this" as a title vs a link, makes it more clean to add more :x...

I don't for the life of me know why someone would want to dig a post though; have you ever been on a server when its content was being dug? Let me tell you, things can go bonkers, for hours...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,144 guests, and 193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29