Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#179677 02/28/2007 6:34 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 7
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 7
Hi!

A few weeks ago our UBB 7.0.1 forum stopped sending emails. It just does not send any kind of notification email for any event to either administrators or users. As far as I know, we did not make any change that would cause this, so I am guessing something may have changed on our hosts' end. Is there a place where any UBB mail-sending actions or errors would be logged? I am going to contact the host next, but it would be nice to know exactly what I am asking them for as their tech support has been a bit uneven in the past. (This is a Windows host running PHP 4.4.1)

Thanks for any help!

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Emails that are sent out aren't logged anywhere from .threads. Basically, it uses the phpmailer library, and by default that just uses the standard php mail() function. So, it could be something like the php.ini file was changed or something.

So, you'd be wanting to ask them if there have been any changes to php and sending mail.

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 7
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 7
OK, after quite a few emails with my host it seems that their PHP.ini is somewhat borked, but I can make the php mail function work if I include the following lines in a PHP mail test script:

ini_set("SMTP","mail.mysmtpserver.com");
ini_set("smtp_port","25");
ini_set("sendmail_from","[email protected]");

Where do I need to put these in UBB? I am guessing in libs/phpmailer? Thanks for the assistance,

Mark

Last edited by cornishcollege; 03/01/2007 7:40 PM.
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
I believe the phpmailer class allows inputting an offset, additionally i think you could shove in an iniset there as well.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 427 guests, and 119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)