Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#179784 03/01/2007 6:13 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 40
Likes: 1
B
BB
Offline
Newbie
Newbie
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 40
Likes: 1
Hi,
I'm upgrading from 6.5 to 7.1. I installed it in a new directory,
and imported tables.

How do I copy style and other settings from the previous version?
What all files do I need to copy?

Thanks for your help.

BB #179796 03/01/2007 10:28 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Classic 6.5 to 7.1 Threads.

There isnt a copy option, you have to create from new.
Use your old forums as your guide.


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Mark S #179806 03/01/2007 11:25 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Too much changed between versions 6 and 7 to be able to import; more specifically, due to beta tester demands, more css and less "crap" where adapted in the new version.

Basically, you need to remake your styles for the new system. Several devers, such as myself, charge a very small fee for theme creations.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
4 members (mmem700, vscope, SteveS, 1 invisible), 668 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)