Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 26
A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 26
Is there a way to enable all of the editing stuff in Quick Reply? I know that kinda defeats the point, but my users like the regular Reply page, but they need to refer to the thread. Some boards offer the thread in a scrollable window above or below the "Edit Reply" page for reference.

Doing either would be sufficient, I think.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
In short, the full editor is only available on the full reply page.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 243
Likes: 1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 243
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by ajwharton
...my users like the regular Reply page, but they need to refer to the thread.
This is a good place to tell users how to right-click the reply button, and then open up the link in either a new tab or a new window. That is what I do on the several boards I use, whenever I need to refer to the thread.

I don't even allow the quick reply window in my board -- it encourages users to be more "chatty". And I, for one, dislike that. If they really want to post, I make 'em click at least once. smirk


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)