Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Hello.

I am trying to install a UBB Forum for a friend of mine whose hosting has just gone down. I am from a .net background (hopefully this doesn't count against me) and I'm struggling with the config somewhat.

The old version was running from 6.1 and mysql 4.0.
I have mysql 4.1 and 5.0 running on my machine and I have a copy of ubb 7 installed at this location - http://www.talkmorgan.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php

I have the old database, or at least I think I have, installed into the mysql 5.0 folder and I can query the contents from the command prompt.

So my question is how can I get the new ubb 7 forum to see the old mysql data.

Thanks very much for your help.

Yours,
Dave

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I'd think that each mysql process has its own port on the same server, if so then it's just a matter of updating the configuration file to read from one location vs the other.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Hi.

Is the configuration file you are referring to you includes/config.inc.php?

If so, which property should I be editing?
If not, which config file are you referring to?

Thanks again.
Dave

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
There is only one config file:
includes/config.inc.php

The top area should deal with connection information; I'm not entirely sure if Rick allows specifying a specific port in the configuration however... if it doesn't then you may have to edit the mysql lib file.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Before I say anythimg more, i figure I should ask, how do you connect to the OTHER mysql server? is it a seperate port, or a seperate hostname, or what?

W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Hello.

I have the error message up now -
Table 'morgan.w3t_user_profile' doesn't exist

This is presumably because there is database schema changes in ubb 7?

I seem to be going round in circles. Have you any advice about how I can best get the old forum up and running?

Thanks,
Dave

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Umm, you're not just throwing up the new files and trying to shove in the old database info are you?

IIRC UBB6 uses w3t as the standard table prefix, whereas UBB7 uses ubbt, hence the question.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I think a better question is, what version of the UBB is your "old" database? Is it UBB7 or UBB6?

If it's UBB6 you'll need to install the latest 6.5.5 then import to UBB7 as there has been a complete rewrite from the ground up.

W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Yes. The old database is version 6.

I tried doing it this way round initially but was told at the end of the installation that ubb 6 does support mysql 5.

So basically I need to install ubb 6.5.5 to mysql 4x and then upgrade?

Thanks,
Dave

Yep smile

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
You will have to install UBB.Threads 6.5 to the MySQL 4 server, then do the migration to UBB.Threads 7 to the MySQL5 server.

I have an upgrade guide here.

W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Hello.

Thanks loads to those who helped me out.

However I have a couple of further problems now that I have managed to get the forum to actually appear.

This is my url - http://www.talkmorgan.co.uk/forums

These are my problems:
1) I can't manage to configure the mail send-outs. I am well aware from searches on this forum and google searches that this isn't a new issue, but I can't seem to find a good fix for my specific error - SMTP server response: 550 must be authenticated.
Can anyone shed any light on this?

2) Session state doesn't appear to be functioning. When I log in, I am immediately logged out?

Please let me know if it would be more convenient to post these issues are separate threads.

Thanks,
Dave

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
If you need to authenticate to your SMTP server then currently you'll need to edit the libs/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php file. In there you'll see a section dedicated to SMTP variables, a couple of them being SMTPAuth, Username and Password

As for the session state. I'd try manually clearing out any cookies from your site. It could be an older cookie before the move causing problems.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
After looking at your forum, I see your running 6.5.5 still. Unforunately you need to disregard my previous statement. In that version there is no way to handle SMTP Autentication.

W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Hello again.

Many thanks again for your assistance.

I now have the forum running 7.1 and I can see already it is very much improved.

How can I import my 6.5 stylesheet though?
Or do I need to make it again?

Thanks,
Dave

W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Actually,

I thought I had answered by own question when I found the import style option in the control panel. However, when I try the import I get this error:

Parse error: parse error in E:\Inetpub\wwwroot\talkMorgan\public_html\forums\styles\2.php on line 11

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave

Visit the style sheet forum, import a 7.1 template style sheet as a base to work from.

I doubt you old style sheet will work at all frown

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.T6 and UBB.T7 themes are not compatable; you will need to remake the them for UBB.T7.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (rootman), 641 guests, and 112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29